Alliance for Nonprofit Management
Professional association devoted to improving management and governance capacity of nonprofits
American Association of Fundraising Counsel
Support of its members who meet the highest ethical standards in the nonprofit fund raising market
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
Association of Fundraising Professionals
Resources for nonprofit organizations in the area of fundraising support
Center for Democracy and Technology ("CDT")
An independent, non-profit public interest organization advocating user empowerment and free expression on the Internet and brings information and technologies to individuals that enable them to take control of their online experience.
Centerpoint for Leaders
Resource for nonprofit organizations and community initiatives
Evaluates financial health of U.S.'s largest charities
Council of Foundations
Support foundation staff, trustees and board members in their day-to-day grant-making activities.
Children, Youth and Families
- America's Children in Brief: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2011
- KIDS COUNT Data Center - The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- KidStats and Maps - The Children's Trust
- National Child Abuse Statistics - Child Help
- National Survey of America's Families - Urban Institute
- National Survey of Children's Health
- State by State Facts - Kids Are Waiting Fix Foster Care Now!
- Statistics - Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Crime in the United States, 2006 - U.S. Department of Justice
- Statistical Briefing Book - Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
Disability Funders Network
Grantmakers group that promotes awareness, support and inclusion of people with disabilities and disability issues in grant making programs and organizations.
Faith and Service Technical Education Network (FASTEN)
Online resources for productions, registrations, applications, forms, and other useful tools.
Foundation Center’s Learning Lab Introduces Free Tutorials
Free introductory tutorials about foundations, proposal writing, establishing a nonprofit organization, and more.
Free Management Library (The Management Assistance Program)
Highly integrated management resources for nonprofit organizations developed by Carter McNamara, Authenticity Consulting, LLC.
Giving at Amazon
Resources for Nonprofits
In-kind advertising for nonprofits
Governmental Accounting Web (Rutgers University)
Links to accounting information, resources and websites.
Online guide for grant writing tools and other government resources.
Resource center for nonprofit organizations.
National Database of Nonprofit Organizations.
Human services information and training services for nonprofit organizations.
- Data 2010…the Healthy People 2010 Database - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Data and Statistics - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global Health Facts: Global data on HIV/AIS, TB, Malaria, & more
- Health Youth! Data and Statistics - National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- HIV/AIDS Statistics and Surveillance - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- State Health Facts
- State Health Facts - Food Stamps
- State Health Facts - Health Insurance and Managed Care
- State Health Facts - Health Status
- State Health Facts - Medicaid and CHIP
- State Health Facts - Medicare
- State Health Facts - Providers and Service Use
- State Health Facts - Women's Health
Internal Revenue Service – Charities and Nonprofits
Workshop registration and other resources for Small & Mid-Sized Tax-Exempt Organizations.
InterAction- American Council for Voluntary International Action
Largest alliance of U.S.-based international development and humanitarian nongovernmental organizations.
National Center for Charitable Statistics
National repository of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States
National Council of Nonprofit Associations
Information and public policy support for nonprofit organizations
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Federal website for standardized grant forms and applications
Network for Good – Nonprofit Resources
Nonprofit collaboration to help nonprofit organizations increase capacity, reach new audiences, and build Internet strategies
Nonprofits with the tools and knowledge they need to advocate for their cause
Nonprofit news through magazine subscription and e-newsletters
Information and forms on how to start a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Nonprofit Genie (California Management Assistance Partnership)
Information and resources for the nonprofit community
Nonprofit Good Practice Guide
Providing key information designed to help manage your nonprofit organization efficiently and effectively
Nonprofit Online News
News about the Online Nonprofit Community
Nonprofit Resource Center
Information source on financial management of nonprofit organizations
Nonprofit Risk Management Center
Risk management resources and free technical assistance for nonprofit organizations
Free e-newsletter with research-driven articles, statistics on the sector, and economic news for the nonprofit industry
- National Center for Charitable Statistics - Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute
- State Health Facts - Measures of State Economic Distress
- U.S. Census Bureau
Philanthropy News Network (PNNOnline)
Nonprofit news and information resource
Legal resource for nonprofits
Tax basics for 501(c)(3)s
The Center For What Works
Nonprofit meta-sector catalyst for excellence via online knowledge transfer and networking
The Chronicle of Philanthropy
The newspaper of the nonprofit world
The Roundtable of Religious and Social Welfare Policy
Resource for recommendations for expanding and strengthening the role of faith-based and community organizations in the delivery of social services to America's neediest citizens
Third Sector New England
Resource center for building the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of nonprofits
Toolkit Faith-based and Community Organizations from ACF
Helpful links to information, tools, and resources from US DHHS
"Key Steps in Outcome Management" by Linda M. Lampkin Harry P. Hatry
USA.gov for Nonprofits
Federal web portal for nonprofits
USA.gov Reference Center and General Government
Official government website with data tools and references
USA.gov Self-Employed Section
Official government website with information on franchising, entrepreneurship, and financial assistance