S. Roxanne Salerno
1 Courthouse Circle
Mon. through Fri. - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The Grants Administrator is responsible for identifying potential funding sources and evaluating project eligibility for requests from County Departments, Emergency Services and Public and Private non-profit County Partnerships. Once approval for projects are received from the Board of Supervisors the Grants Administrator assures applications are compliant with content, format and attachment requirements as outlined in the Request for Proposal.
As Grants are awarded contracts are reviewed for stipulations and special conditions and monitored for compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations. The Grants Administrator seeks modifications or exclusions and troubleshoots compliance issues. Tracking systems for expenditures and revenue is utilized so funds can be monitored and reports compiled for Grantor Audits, Department Heads and County Administration.
The Grants Administrator secures state and federal budget allocations and assists in the County’s annual budget as it pertains to grants for operating and capital improvement expenses to enable the use of awards as specified by contracts for carryovers and matching funds.
In order to fulfill the mission of providing high quality service to its citizens, the County of Cumberland may seek as many sources of revenue as possible to supplement the funds provided through taxes as well as state and federal appropriations. The standard procedures for the preparation of proposals and their review ensure coordination and assist to avoid duplication in developing and making application for specially funded programs.
The Office of Grants Administrator oversees the process for seeking grant funds and accepting awards on behalf of the County of Cumberland. Grant funds may be used to support and advance the mission of the County of Cumberland and its citizens. The following resources are intended to assist Department Directors, Elected Officials, Court Administrators, staff and citizens in the process of developing and submitting proposals for grant funding. “Grants” are defined as awards of money or property gained through a response to a Request for Proposal or other form of funding announcement from an external funding source.
- Alliance for Nonprofit Management
Professional association devoted to improving management and governance capacity of nonprofits
- American Association of Fundraising Counsel
Support of its members who meet the highest ethical standards in the nonprofit fund raising market
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
Resources for nonprofit organizations in the area of fundraising support
- Center for Democracy and Technology ("CDT")
An independent, non-profit public interest organization advocating user empowerment and free expression on the Internet and brings information and technologies to individuals that enable them to take control of their online experience.
- Centerpoint for Leaders
Resource for nonprofit organizations and community initiatives
- Charity Navigator
Evaluates financial health of U.S.'s largest charities
- Council of Foundations
Support foundation staff, trustees and board members in their day-to-day grant-making activities.
Children, Youth and Families
- America's Children in Brief: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2011
- KIDS COUNT Data Center - The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- KidStats and Maps - The Children's Trust
- National Child Abuse Statistics - Child Help
- National Survey of America's Families - Urban Institute
- National Survey of Children's Health
- State by State Facts - Kids Are Waiting Fix Foster Care Now!
- Statistics - Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Crime in the United States, 2006 - U.S. Department of Justice
- Statistical Briefing Book - Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Disability Funders Network
Grantmakers group that promotes awareness, support and inclusion of people with disabilities and disability issues in grant making programs and organizations.
- Faith and Service Technical Education Network (FASTEN)
Online resources for productions, registrations, applications, forms, and other useful tools.
- Foundation Center’s Learning Lab Introduces Free Tutorials
Free introductory tutorials about foundations, proposal writing, establishing a nonprofit organization, and more.
- Free Management Library (The Management Assistance Program)
Highly integrated management resources for nonprofit organizations developed by Carter McNamara, Authenticity Consulting, LLC.
- Giving at Amazon
Resources for Nonprofits
- Google Grants
In-kind advertising for nonprofits
- Governmental Accounting Web (Rutgers University)
Links to accounting information, resources and websites.
Online guide for grant writing tools and other government resources.
- Grant Station
Resource center for nonprofit organizations.
National Database of Nonprofit Organizations.
- Hands Net
Human services information and training services for nonprofit organizations.
- Data 2010…the Healthy People 2010 Database - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Data and Statistics - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Global Health Facts: Global data on HIV/AIS, TB, Malaria, & more
- Health Youth! Data and Statistics - National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- HIV/AIDS Statistics and Surveillance - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- State Health Facts
- State Health Facts - Food Stamps
- State Health Facts - Health Insurance and Managed Care
- State Health Facts - Health Status
- State Health Facts - Medicaid and CHIP
- State Health Facts - Medicare
- State Health Facts - Providers and Service Use
- State Health Facts - Women's Health
- Internal Revenue Service – Charities and Nonprofits
Workshop registration and other resources for Small & Mid-Sized Tax-Exempt Organizations.
- InterAction- American Council for Voluntary International Action
Largest alliance of U.S.-based international development and humanitarian nongovernmental organizations.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics
National repository of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations
Information and public policy support for nonprofit organizations
- National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Federal website for standardized grant forms and applications
- Network for Good – Nonprofit Resources
Nonprofit collaboration to help nonprofit organizations increase capacity, reach new audiences, and build Internet strategies
- Nonprofit Action
Nonprofits with the tools and knowledge they need to advocate for their cause
- Nonprofit Quarterly
Nonprofit news through magazine subscription and e-newsletters
Information and forms on how to start a 501(c)(3) non-profit
- Nonprofit Genie (California Management Assistance Partnership)
Information and resources for the nonprofit community
- Nonprofit Good Practice Guide
Providing key information designed to help manage your nonprofit organization efficiently and effectively
- Nonprofit Online News
News about the Online Nonprofit Community
- Nonprofit Resource Center
Information source on financial management of nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center
Risk management resources and free technical assistance for nonprofit organizations
- Nonprofit Times
Free e-newsletter with research-driven articles, statistics on the sector, and economic news for the nonprofit industry
- National Center for Charitable Statistics - Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Urban Institute
- State Health Facts - Measures of State Economic Distress
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Philanthropy News Network (PNNOnline)
Nonprofit news and information resource
Legal resource for nonprofits
- Stay Exempt
Tax basics for 501(c)(3)s
- The Center For What Works
Nonprofit meta-sector catalyst for excellence via online knowledge transfer and networking
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
The newspaper of the nonprofit world
- The Roundtable of Religious and Social Welfare Policy
Resource for recommendations for expanding and strengthening the role of faith-based and community organizations in the delivery of social services to America's neediest citizens
- Third Sector New England
Resource center for building the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of nonprofits
- Toolkit Faith-based and Community Organizations from ACF
Helpful links to information, tools, and resources from US DHHS
- Urban Institute
"Key Steps in Outcome Management" by Linda M. Lampkin Harry P. Hatry
- USA.gov for Nonprofits
Federal web portal for nonprofits
- USA.gov Reference Center and General Government
Official government website with data tools and references
- USA.gov Self-Employed Section
Official government website with information on franchising, entrepreneurship, and financial assistance