Our mission is to provide excellent services to individuals, families, and the community in a respectful manner, by encouraging self-sufficiency, striving to preserve and restore families; and protecting the well-being of children, the elderly, and disabled.
Social Services Board Meetings
The Cumberland Department of Social Services Board meets every Fourth Tuesday at the Cumberland DSS Conference room. This meeting is open to the public.
In accordance with the Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- Central Virginia Health Center - Medical Services on a sliding financial scale
- CommonHelp - Apply for Assistance here.
- Delma's Pantry - Cumberland County Food Bank
- Goochland Cares - Free Medical Care for Adults living in Goochland, Louisa, Columbia, Fluvanna and Cumberland, who cannot afford health insurance!
- Piedmont Habitat for Humanity - Helping neighbors obtain safe, decent, and affordable housing.
- STEPS Inc. - STEPS is a dynamic 501 (c) 3 not for profit serving South Central Virginia that is dedicated to creating a stronger community through housing, education, workforce, and economic development.
- Virginia Department of Social Services