General Methods of Payment
Payments are accepted in the form of cash, check or money order. Payments that are postmarked on or before the due date will be considered timely.
In Person / By Mail
Cumberland County accepts payments in person or by mail at:
P.O. Box 28
Cumberland, VA 23040
The Treasurer’s Office also has two outside drop boxes located outside for making payments:
- There is a box located behind the Administration Building on the second brick column in front of the handicap parking spaces.
- The second drop box is located on the eastern end of the Administration Building facing the parking lot between the lamp post and the corner of the building.
Real estate and personal property taxes for the exact amount printed on the bill can also be paid at Citizens & Farmers Bank (C&F) Cumberland, Cartersville, and Powhatan locations.
Prepayment of taxes may be made monthly, quarterly or semi-annually. If you are interested in making prepayments, please contact the Treasurer’s office.
Taxes may be paid by credit card, debit card, or E-check using one of the following convenient methods (there is a nominal fee for credit card payments):
- By telephone: If you wish to make a payment with your credit card over the phone, please call our office at 804-492-4297. There is a fee associated with this payment option.
- In person: Taxes may be paid with a debit or credit card at the Treasurer’s office (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).
- Internet: Pay online (Credit Card or E-Check)
A convenience fee of 2.8% will be charged for each credit card payment.