- Your Government
- Social Services
- Benefit Programs
The following benefit programs are available:
- Energy Assistance Program (EAP) - Assists low-income, eligible households by supplementing home energy costs
- Medical Assistance Programs - Make direct payments to health care service provides for eligible individuals and families who are unable to pay for needed medical services
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - Will help you buy nutritious food for your household
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) - Provides financial assistance to eligible families and children
- The Child Care Subsidy Program assists families in paying child care costs for children under age 13 who are not eligible to attend public school during the part of the day when public education is available, or children with special needs under age 18 who reside with the applicant. If you are eligible and are approved for services, the Subsidy Program can pay a portion of your child care costs directly to the child care provider.
How to Apply
Apply online for benefits via CommonHelp.virginia.gov
Apply for SNAP, TANF, EAP, Medical Assistance and Child Care over the phone by calling 855-635-4370.
- Get a printed application.
- Call 804-492-4915 and request to have an application mailed to you
- Get an application from your local department of social services (LDSS).
- Print a copy of the application from the Virginia Department of Social Services, or from Coverva for medical assistance.
- Leave the printed application, mail, or fax the application to your LDSS.