Cumberland County Christmas Parade Rules and Regulations
The primary focus of the Cumberland Christmas Parade is to provide a safe, enjoyable and quality
parade for Cumberland County. Remember we cannot control the weather, if the weather is deemed
unsafe, the parade will be postponed and rescheduled. An entry fee of $10 will be charged to help with
the cost of the parade. Church groups, non-profit organizations, county officials and fire and rescue
units will be exempt from this fee.
The 2022 Christmas Parade will be held December 11, 2022 at 2:00 p.m..
The theme for the parade is: Christmas Traditions in Cumberland
Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations. The Cumberland Christmas Parade
Committee reserves the right to remove from the parade, at any time, any entrant not conforming to
rules and regulations or any entrant refusing to follow instructions of law enforcement officers or
1. Deadline for parade entries is Dec. 5, 2022. A late fee of $25 will be charged for anyone
wishing to participate after that date.
2. All entries must be in place by 1:15 on Dec. 11th.
3. All entries must be decorated
4. Parade numbers used to identify entries must be in place on the right hand passenger side or
the right side of the entry.
5. There must be an adult on floats where there are children.
6. NO LIKENESSES OF SANTA ALLOWED, SANTA WILL BE THE LAST ENTRY IN THE PARADE.
7. THROWING OF CANDY OR ANY OBJECT FROM THE PARADE ENTRANTS WILL NOT BE
ALLOWED, HANDING OBJECTS TO CROWDS IS PERMITTED BY WALKERS ONLY.
8. Individuals and organizations are expected to act courteously and in good taste at all times
during the parade.
9. All parade entrants must follow the theme if possible.
10. No one will get on or off a float or entry at any time before or during the parade.
11. No alcoholic beverages on any parade entry at any time, before or during the parade.
12. Pageant winners are welcome but must provide their own cars and signs.
13. All drivers must be licensed.
14. All vehicles must be in keeping with the Christmas spirit.
15. All vehicular entries shall proceed at a safe and appropriate speed, shall maintain a safe
distance from spectators, and shall not weave from side to side.
16. All horses must be people and crowd experienced, and safe for all concerned.
17. All horse entries must have a current coggins test (within one year of parade date)
18. Horse entries must have liability insurance.
19. ALL ENTRIES MUST REMAIN AT THE END OF THE PARADE UNTIL SANTA GETS THROUGH THE
LINE, NO ONE IS TO COME BACK UP THROUGH THE PARADE ROUTE UNTIL IT IS OVER.
20. In any interpretation of parade rules the Christmas Parade Committee’s decision shall be final.
21. Please mail your application to: Christmas Parade Committee, P.O. Box 72, Cumberland, VA
22. DO NOT RETURN THE RULES, PLEASE BE SURE YOUR PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IS EXPECTED